the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Thursday, December 21, 2006

free date?


I have a number of single friends, and as a married guy, it can sometimes make things a bit awkward. For example, when my wife and I go dancing, if we run into some of our single friends (without dates), we end up dancing while they watch, and it just feels...strange. Personally, I can't imagine being back in the dating scene, as I've been married for more than ten years now, and most of my single friends confirm that it is rough out there. I know that I am so stubborn and grumpy in my not-so-young age that I would have serious trouble finding a date if I were single again.

Some of my friends have tried dating services, but most shy away from the experience due to the cost. Some of the sites out there actually charge thousands of dollars. One of my single friends even offered a "reward" of $1000 for anyone who was able to find him a soulmate. Strangely enough, even with the thousand dollar dating sites still existing on the internet, there are now free dating sites starting to popup. Perhaps it's the web 2.0 influence, or perhaps there are new ways to monetize these types of sites, but none-the-less, they do exist and for free.

One such free online dating site that I ran across at PPP is called IamFreeTonight.com. According to the site, they even have a "wingman" feature that sets up doubles and group dates. This site sounds different because it sets up a tentative "date" before matching up two people. So, you plug in your date night, what you'd like to do, and it advertises it for interested takers.

I'll have to pass this on to some of my single friends. Although many of them (being single with little responsibility in the ways of family and kids) have money to pay for dating services on occasion, they'd probably prefer to save that money for the actual date.

Check it out, my single readers:

iamfreetonight.com

Maybe you, too, can "get lucky" tonight.
;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home