the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

affiliate marketing 2008 review

When it comes to my affiliate marketing experiences in 2008, I have had much more success with high dollar items than I have had with low dollar items. Campaigns that push discount furniture, for example, don't result in too many sales, but the sales that do go through make me more in commission. I've heard of lots of affiliate marketers selecting a particular inexpensive product, building a search campaign for it, throwing $1000 at it, and walking away with several months income. That's a great story, but does it really work? And...if it doesn't work, you're out $1000.

I know that they say that you need to spend money to make money, but I never got into affiliate marketing because it was a high risk venture. There are ways to throw median amounts of cash into it, and to walk away with solid performing campaigns. In the last year that I have been running my campaigns, I have only made less than what I spent on my monthly advertising once. Every other month, I have come out ahead. I guess that's a good track record. Now if I could just get that revenue to stabilize a bit more...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home