the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the 'microsoft genuine advantage' disadvantage

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of having to endure countless Windows updates for their "Microsoft Genuine Advantage" tool? Talk about a joke. I could understand running this thing once, but this "update" pops up all the time. If my copy of Windows was authentic when I installed it, why wouldn't it still be authentic? Best of all, I love how they make the statement that the Genuine Advantage tool is to "help" the user by making sure that our copy of Windows is genuine. Yeah, sure.

This is one of those situations where a company is punishing everyone due to few bad nuts. I understand that there are fraudulent copies of software being sold in this world (usually on the streets of Japan, Thailand, and China, from what I have heard), but forcing everyone who runs windows to download a bogus "update" so often seems like overkill. It wastes my time and my bandwidth. I get particularly annoyed if it forces me to do a shut down, too.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home