the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

hide your guns from obama

Lately, I've been hearing a rumor that gun sales are skyrocketing. Some say that it has to do with the recession, and that gun sales typically go up in times of economic depression. Other people are saying that Obama is planning on tightening the gun control laws, so people are grabbing additional firearms while they can. Personally, I'm not sure what to believe, but I don't think it makes that much difference.

When it comes down to it, you'd have to invest a boatload of cash to pick up enough firepower to ward off all of the boogie men in a sudden case of anarchy. And even then, who has time to learn enough about their weapons, and to practice with them enough that they will be of any use? I have heard that the best self-defense weapon to pick up is a double barrel shotgun, because the "point and spray" method will work for nearly anyone in a close range situation. But I can't even imagine half the people I know being able to shoot a shotgun, much less load one properly.

I just hate to think that we'll ever get to a point where our personal safety and entitlement revolves around the number of guns and ammo we can carry. If we ever find ourselves in that position, I suspect that there will be much more to worry about.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home