the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, October 25, 2008

newer adsense problems - "webpage cannot be found"

Has anyone else noticed the dreaded "webpage cannot be found" error when trying to display the newer Adsense code? I was trying to implement it this morning, and couldn't get the ads to show up. Of course, I checked out all the usual suspects. I double-checked the CMS software, and made sure that it wasn't caching an old version of the page. But, I figured that wasn't the problem since I was seeing a blank box in Firefox and the error message in IE7. So I hit the web, and found lots of reports of this problem. Most were located at various Google support forums, and every person who posted it was receiving the same canned response that "Google doesn't allow more than 3 ad units per page". So what about when you're only trying to display on ad unit? Hmmm...

I even loaded another Adsense ad unit using the old code (the one that details the colors, etc.) and that one showed up just fine. So what's the deal? Well, rather than waste my time trying to contact Google about it, I simply rewrote the new ad unit using the old code format, and it showed up just fine. Kooky.

Speaking of Adsense, would you believe that I am finally about to receive my first payout...after over two years! I'm not sure how people supposedly make a living off of Adsense, as I have several websites running ads and it took me this long just to earn $100.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home