the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

names of irony

Today, we had some contractors working on our house. They got gobs of white drywall mud all over the place. The messed up the trim around our windows, and one of the guys stepped in the ball of white mud and tracked it all over the home. It was stuck deep in the carpet, and smeared on several walls, too. I understand that drywalling is a messy job, and I know that replacing a wall in an existing home is more likely to cause damage than new construction. But I'm absolutely disgusted that they would just leave it this way. If I can get on my hands and knees with some wet paper towels and a rag to clean up this mess, so can they. And they should have. Fortunately, this stuff comes up pretty easy with water. If it caused permanent staining or crusting, they'd be buying me some new carpet.

To make matters worse, this particular company uses the word "precision" in their company name. Talk about irony.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home