the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

old school wheels


Speaking of skateboards, did you know that you can build your own old school board online? Check out the Warehouse Skateboards site for an easy to use custom board builder. You can pick old school styles that are up to 10" in width. All of the old favorite brands are there - from Alva, to Santa Cruz and Powell Peralta. It's slick. Personally, I've got my eye on a Creature deck that reminds me a little of the old Vision styled skateboards from the 80's (complete with black and yellow striped griptape!). They do free shipping on orders over $150, too.

And of course, for those of you with less imagination (and time), they have completes for some really reasonable prices. If I can't get the local library to install some bike racks soon, I think I'm going to have to just build a new board and take to the streets again. And who knows? Maybe people will see this as a sign of the economy and rising price of gas, instead of seeing me as a troublemaker like they used to.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home