the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, April 05, 2008

testing the ashop shopping cart

I just signed up for a test account at ashopcommerce.com, which offers a free 10-day shopping cart trial. I plugged in some generic ghost info into the sign-up form, with a new email address at Yahoo. (Don't need to get signed up to a mailing list.) After submitting the form, it just redirected me back to the homepage, with no indication of whether my submission was successful. Did it go through? Did it get rejected? Who knows...

Checking my email at Yahoo, I did find a welcome message with my shopping cart details. It provided me with a demo URL, login and password to maintain it. At signup, the form indicated that payment functionality, domain pointing and email accounts are not active. But once you pay to activate, these functions go live.

I clicked on the admin link, and quickly discovered that I could not login. Unfortunately, they require that you use Internet Explorer to access the admin panel. This is a sticking point for me, and I believe it is the same reason to why I hadn't tried them out in the past.



If you're looking for an e-commerce software solution, and want immediate access to a 10-day trial, check them out. The Internet Explorer requirement is, unfortunately, a deal breaker for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home