the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

no teaching for me, thank you

Well, I came to my senses about the whole teaching gig. Honestly, it was the application that did me in. It made me look bad - really bad. I don't have any teaching experience. I don't have any teaching certifications. I don't have any "special training" so that I can teach specific classes, and I don't have time to be a "sponsor" for any extra-curricular programs. I don't belong to a bunch of professional teaching and community organizations, and I don't have a list of several superintendents and school principals to serve as my references.

Long story short, the application would have been about 75% blank.

It's either that, or I get creative and fill it full of BS, hoping that no other more qualified candidates apply for the same position.

So, yes the application drove me away. But it also made me realize that I wasn't 100% interested in pursuing this teaching position. And if I'm not that excited about it, I'm not going to be that great of a teacher. If I feel the sting of the teacher bug again, I think I'll sign up as a sub first.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home