the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, March 22, 2008

need pet friendly furniture!

I am so disgusted. Our dog apparently jumped on our new ottoman and punctured a hole in it. Admittedly, it wasn't made of real leather, but black vinyl. But it was cheap, looked nice and I was hoping that it would make a nice addition to our leather home theater seating. Our DVD collection has been growing, and our armoire was out of storage space. The ottoman provides ample room for our movie collection, and we were able to move the kids' DVDs in their as well. It doubles as extra seating when we have guests, too.

But I'm feeling pretty stupid for being "frugal" and buying myself a vinyl ottoman. I guess I should have spent the extra $75 and picked up one made of real leather. It's a shame that the vinyl has to be so cheaply made, though. When I was a kid, my first car was a muscle car with vinyl seats and those things were tough. Only after twenty-plus years of abuse did they start to rip or tear. Like everything else made for consumers today, I guess the old saying that "they don't make the like they used to" is still true.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home