the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, January 26, 2008

add sprint to the spam hitlist

Last week, I reported that I was starting to receive tons of spam to an email address that I provided to ServiceMagic. On the bright side, I am not alone. I have already received two comments from individuals who are having the same problem after registering with that site. I have since deactivated that email address.

Well, guess who sold out my email address this week? Sprint! Now, you would think that a huge company like Sprint would have more integrity. However, I am now receiving spam at (not one, but) two separate email addresses that I had created specifically for Sprint billing correspondence. One was for for a Sprint PCS cell phone that we used to have with them, and the other was for Sprint long distance billing. All of a sudden, I am seeing spam at both addresses, which I think we can assume is more than just a coincidence.

So, I'd like to send out a big "screw you" to the folks over at Sprint for selling my email addresses. Sprint used to be a reputable company to deal with. Maybe it was the merger with Nextel that shattered their integrity. None-the-less, this is why, as consumers, we are forced to create separate email addresses when dealing with immoral corporations. It's the only way to keep the erectile dysfunction spam from infiltrating our real mail. Jerks.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home