the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

trolley of the doomed


Here it is: the trolley of the doomed!



I knew I had seen this thing before. It was part of the "Ghost and Gravestones" tour offered in Savannah. As it turns out, the tour is run by a national tour company called Trusted Tours and Attractions. The tour includes tales of grisly crimes, ghosts and other paranormal phenomena. I've never actually been to Savannah before, but I had heard of these doom trolleys from a friend. It sounds like a lot of fun, and the ghost tour would give me the opportunity to feed my interest in the macabre, while brushing up on local history at the same time. Several historic "haunted" houses are included on the tour, as well as graveyards and the infamous Sorrel Weed House that was featured on Ghosthunters.

If you sign up for the Trusted Tours and Attractions newsletter, you'll be entered into a drawing for four free tickets and may be able to take the tour for free.

Savannah is sometimes referred to as America's "most haunted" city. I've also heard this designation applied to many other cities before though, like New Orleans and even Eureka Springs. Savannah has also been referred to as the "Hostess City of the South" for its notorious Southern charm and hospitality. It is chock full of architectural history, and has one of the largest National Historic Landmark Districts in the country.

Sounds like a fun time to me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home