the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, November 17, 2007

spider-man 3

Well, as usual I am behind the curve, but I just saw Spider-Man 3 and I was impressed. I can't believe that they have managed to keep this series going with as much momentum as the first one. Part three featured three villains and yet still managed to tie up other loose ends left over from parts one and two. I'm also ecstatic that they've managed to retain all of the same actors throughout the sequels. Even the small parts have the same actors. This works so much better than movies like the Harry Potter series that changed Dumbledore and the Matrix series when they changed the Oracle. I know that in some cases, the actor died and they had no choice, but in the case of the Matrix they could have worked the doppelganger into the script a little better.

One of the things that cracks me up with the Spider-Man movies are the cameo appearances. I believe that Stan Lee even had a cameo in this one - 'nuff said. In addition, we got another appearance from Bruce Campbell, the cult star from Army of Darkness. If you didn't catch him in each Spider-Man flick, he was the wrestling ring announcer in part one, the theater bouncer who wouldn't let Peter into Mary Jane's performance because he was late in part two, and of course he was the racy French restaurant host in part three. He's hilarious. Maybe in the fourth one they'll go even further and let him don a chainsaw.

While the left the sandman's existence up in the air at the end of part three, and I thought that the death of Venom was a bit weak, m definitely give Spider-Man 3 two thumbs up. I hope they can keep it coming...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home