the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Friday, November 02, 2007

new anniversary ideas?

On a more positive note, my wife and I have a big anniversary coming up, and I am trying to come up with some truly new ideas on how to celebrate. Sure, we could do the typical dinner and a movie, complete with roses and champagne, but its all been done before.

I could cook her a dinner myself, but I've done this before, too, and I could our dinners quite often so it wouldn't be as special. My wife had the forethought to arrange for a babysitter so at least we don't have to bring the kids along to wherever we decide to go (if we decide to go anywhere). I thought about booking a night at a fancy hotel in town, or I could use a bed and breakfast gift certificate that we had received some time back, but our babysitter is only watching the kids for a few hours, so that won't work.

Sometimes I think that I'd like to just stay at home and have a long evening of intimacy, but you know how most women will react if they hear that form their husbands..."all you want to do is have sex?" Haha.

But I do feel like we would enjoy the time alone and away from the kids. My wife gets away when she goes to work, but when it comes to alone time for just the two of us, we've only got late nights after the kids are in bed, and one (or both) of us is usually too tired to stay up at that point.

So what to do? What to do? I am open to suggestions...we could take a carriage ride in town, although it is a bit pricey. I could get her a nice gift but she doesn't need or want anything that I can think of. We've done massages before...maybe I'll look into that and see what kind of specials they may be offering.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home