the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

kids and bar stools don't mix

The other day, we went out to eat with the kids and had a bit of a problem. All of the tables were taken, and instead of just allowing us to wait ,they wanted to seat us at one of those fancy high tables with bar stools. I just had to laugh. "This isn't going to work," I told the hostess, and she gave me this look like I had just grown a third eye. "You're going to ave to wait, then," she told me. "That's fine," I replied.

My kids have enough of a problem staying on their seats when the are sitting on regular chairs, much less tall stools. I can't seem to understand why my daughter can't sit straight on the chair. You'd think that our chairs were lopsided with the way she always ends up hanging off the edge of the seat. Sometimes she leans too far and falls on the floor. You would think that she had learned her lesson by now, but not my kids. They sometimes seem incapable of learning from mistakes. As if gravity won't be around next time to pull her towards the ground so that she smacks her chin on the edge of the table again, and falls to the floor.

None-the-less, the moral of this story is that it is better to wait for safe seating than to be seated quicker and risk having to take your kids to the emergency room.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home