the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Monday, November 12, 2007

government holidays

Today was Veteran's Day - one of those government holidays that few people are allowed to celebrate, unless you happen to be a government employee. As much as I don't really like government fingers in everybody's business, I sometimes wish that the government would regulate holidays for all employers. In other words, if it is a holiday, then every business should be closed. That way, everyone is able to celebrate accordingly, and nobody is stuck with the unfortunate burden of working the closing shift on Christmas Eve.

Then again, I'm also a supporter of the four hour work week, so what do I know?

Thanksgiving and Christmas are on the way, and it looks like we'll be spending the holidays here in our new home town, away from family. This bums me out a little, but I suspect that we won't be alone and I was talking to my wife today about putting together some sort of pot-luck dinner for other transplanted townies. Should be fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home