the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

get your ink on


Apparently, the latest niche market to be tackled in the dating arena is in body modifications. Up first we have a site called Tattoo Lovers which assists the ink-inclined in drawing each other from the crowd of available singles out there. I must admit that I am a bit perplexed and saddened that anyone would use tattoos as their first filter when trying to find that special someone, but I cannot say I am surprised. If people are materialistic enough to filter out others based on the car that they drive or the clothes that they wear, then why not tattoos?

My only complaint about the site is that with the couple posing half-nude on the front page, the young man's tattoo appears to be smeared. For now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that he meant for it to look that way, and that the tattoo artist was trying to add more "rolling value" to his skin art. I just wonder if the die-hard inksters will be as forgiving.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home