the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

remember roller-dances?

I was quite excited to discover that there is going to be a new roller skating rink opening up here in our small town. his comes as quite a surprise, as I never thought that we had the population to support such an enterprise. However, I wish the owners the best of luck and commend them for opening a business that provides a fun, creative and athletic outlet for the youth of our area.

Without making myself sound too old, I'll never forget how much fun it used to be to go to the roller skating rinks for their special dance parties. It was an unforgettable pure eighties experience, and as cheesy as I am sure it would look today, I hope that our kids get to experience their own version of it.

After all, who among us can say that they have truly "lived" until they have fallen on their ass while trying to do the "hokey pokey" on wheels? What remains to be seen is if the roller skates will be inline or the traditional 4-wheelers like we used to wear. I actually still have a pair tucked away in my closet. Frightening, eh?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home