the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Friday, August 17, 2007

lightspeed weight loss

In my last post, I was discussing weight training and lo and behold, I was just offered an opportunity to take a look at a company called JourneyLite, which practices lapband, or laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding surgery.

From what I gather, they basically place a band around the upper portion of your stomach to decrease its capacity. Because the stomach doesn't have the capacity to take on as much food, your body senses that you are fuller faster and therefore you don't eat and have as many cravings. It sounds simple enough, and from what I have seen, it works. While it is definitely not for everyone, people with serious weight-related health problems should find this surgery a blessing.

My body mass index isn't too bad, and in fact I am still within normal limits (albeit at the high end of the spectrum), so I won't be bothering with something this involved. I just need to stick with my weight training to get myself back in shape.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home