the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

for the love of money

So what do you do when an offer comes in from left-field and presents you with a chance to make a lot of money, but not necessarily doing something that you would enjoy? For some, this question may be a "o brainer", but I'm having a difficult time with it.

I decided some time ago not to make any decision that is purely driven by money. Not that there is anything wrong with making more money, but I still believe in the old saying that money won't buy happiness.

In my case, I have the opportunity to place all of my financially unstable ventures on hold to return to something that I was doing once before. In return I get steady income, regular work hours, and lots of headaches. Is it worth it?

One of my primary concerns is that I will not be able to just call it quits and put all of my other projects on hold, and as you can see from the time of this writing, I already have a problem sleeping at night due to all of the things that I feel I must get done in a day. Adding another full time job to my schedule isn't going to make things any easier, and even if I promise myself that I will not concern myself with my unpredictable internet ventures, they will still be there - in the back of my mind.

What to do? What to do?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home