the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Friday, August 24, 2007

do kids make you old, or does age do it?

Lately, we've been trying to plan some social activities involving several families that we are friends with, but we find that we're just not too enthusiastic about the types of get-togethers that involve so many kids running around. At this point, in my hermit-like existence of working overtime all the time, and spending the rest of my time with my own kids, sometimes I wish us parents could just get out and go dancing or drinking. It sounds silly and probably somewhat immature, but I'm not exactly eyeing a new sports car so I don't think I've hit that midlife crisis just yet. It's just that I'm not ready to sit around with other parents playing bridge on our own personal poker tables, discussing our impending physical ailments, and chasing the "kid collective" around while discussing the latest elementary school gossip.

I don't mind the responsibility of being a parent, or the irony of us getting "older", but it will be nice when we find ourselves a trustworthy babysitter again so that we can be normal adults every so often.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home