the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, August 18, 2007

business office coop?

Not too long ago, a local resident posted an advertisement in the classifieds which stated that they were looking to share an office space. This certain individual worked from home, and was having a hard time concentrating and getting work done. They also didn't like the idea of meeting with clients at home. I can definitely relate.

Seeing as in have two very loud and active children in my home, things have been a bit difficult for me with my business lately. As much as I love being home and around the children, I have to admit that I am looking forward to my daughter going back to school in the fall, and having only one child in the home during the day. I'm sure we'll still see some fits here and there, just like the one I experienced about five minutes ago, but the days are definitely quieter sans the sibling rivalry.

I'm just not sure that I would be ready to take on a whole other lease to share an office. Part of what I love about doing business on the internet is the fact that I don't have a brick and mortar business, or any of the operating costs that go hand-in-hand with owning or renting a storefront or office space. Things like rent, insurance, and utility bills are items that I only have to worry about at home. The cost to rent an additional office space would eat into my monthly income considerably.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home