the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

word to morons : please handle by the edges

I am fortunate to be able to state that I have not paid for a movie rental in several years. My alternative? The local library. In the "old days", the only movies you could find at the library were reruns of Jacque Cousteau and National Geographic. No longer. Now I get the latest and greatest and I get them for free. The only problem is that the discs aren't in the best shape, and my DVD player can't always play them. I've seen discs that look like they have been dragged across asphalt parking lots.

You'd think I was only referring to "family" videos that are in danger of being handled by children and their pets, but no! These are not kid's flicks. So what is the deal? Are there really that many people out there that haven't heard that you are supposed to handle CDs and DVDs gingerly by the edges? Or are they simply leaving them out so their children and dogs can use them as ice skates on the linoleum? Either way, here is my message tyo all who have not yet heard:

DVDs and CDs are not made of diamond. The surface is susceptible to damage, and the best way to handle them is by the edges. If they are not in your CD or DVD player they should be IN THE CASE. This is especially important when the DVD or CD in question doesn't belong to you. Think of the other local library patrons please.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home