the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Friday, July 13, 2007

tools for a calorie arsonist

It's not everyday that I rave about a fitness site, as most of them are pretty cheesy and they charge you for information that is freely available in many places on the net. (They are also generally geared towards women.) However, one site that I recently ran across has got me excited. The service is free, and only requires a simply sign-up to get into the "members" section. They offer a free calorie counter and guidelines on starting and maintaining your very own personal fitness program. Honestly, I don't know if I will get that involved, but there are two tools that I wanted to point out that I am playing around with right now, and they are super-cool. You don't have to sign-up or sign-in to use them, either.

The first is a calorie, carb and nutrition search tool that you can access by clicking on the "Search Foods" tab. You simply pick the type of food in question and it gives you the info you need.

The other tool that I was even more excited to see provides you with calorie burning details for different types of exercise. It too me a second or two to figure out how it works. Click on the "Calories Used" tab, then select a type of exercise from the list. Then enter the amount of time you plan on performing that exercise in the lower right hand corner, and it will estimate how many calories you will burn. I thought it was neat that they even had things like backpacking and skateboarding listed.

Since I spend so much of my time sitting at a desk, I haven't been getting out as often as I would like to exercise. using these tools can give me an idea of my calorie intake, and help me to select certain types of exercise that i have time for that will burn the amount of calories that I need to in the limited time that I have.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home