the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Thursday, July 05, 2007

paypal shipping is cool

Have you tried to use Paypal's built-in shipping option yet? If not, I heartily recommend it. It is super easy, and cheaper in many cases than waiting in line at the post office and paying there.

How does it work? Well, it is quite simple. Once you receive payment from an item, you click on the shipping button and enter the package information. If it was an eBay item, the auction information has already been entered for you and you just need to enter in the package weight and type of shipping. Then, it gives you a chance to confirm the price (or go back and change your shipping type), and print the postage right there on your PC. Easy!

Sure, I know I may be late in the game on this. I know that there have been lots of companies offering e-postage for a while now, but they've never been this simple for me. Once you print your label, PayPal automatically marks the package shipped in your eBay account. So the buyer gets a status update in real time. I also dig the fact that delivery confirmation only costs an extra 18 cents for media mail (free with priority). Compare that to the 75 cents they would charge you at the post office. (Plus you'd have to fill out an extra form).

Give it a try on your next eBay auction, and you'll love the time it saves you. Once you've affixed the printed postage label to your package (which includes the sender and receiver's address, so you don't need to address the package anymore), you simply drop it in the mailbox or at the post office.

Now I just need to get past the "waiting in line". Technically, since I have already paid, I should be able to just walk pst everyone else in line and drop my package on the counter, and walk away. I haven't quite gotten past the dirty looks yet, though, so I've been waiting a little. If my package was smaller, I could probably just drop it in the mail slot or leave it in my own mailbox at home, but I tend to ship larger items. None-the-less, this is a time saving option and it makes shipping (and tracking what I have shipped) much more streamlined for me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home