the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

mucho dating, but no habla espanol?


Okay, I know this is getting a bit silly and redundant, but I just picked up yet another opportunity to review a niche market dating service. This time it for a site titled LatinaRomance.com, and as its title suggests it is focused on the Hispanic and Latina dating community.

The site is easy on the eyes, with the typical pink layout and picture perfect couples' photos in the header bar. A quick search for latin dating singles revealed only one in my area, which (given my town's small population) is probably much more accurate than the last site I had reviewed. I also appreciate that you can see the listings before they force you to create a user account and sign in. My sister in law would probably find this site quite handy, as she loves Hispanic men. In fact, that is the only type of man she will date. That's just her taste in men, I guess. I'll have to forward the link over, because she continually fails in her quest for true love and I am thinking that she is looking in the wrong places (mostly booty clubs). Maybe the internet is the key to 21st century matchmaking, although myspace hasn't done her any good. (You should see the immature morons she has met on that site!)

My single biggest complaint with this site, and the one that makes it seem so much less credible is the fact that it is only presented in English. I could not find a link for Spanish speaking singles anywhere on the site, which is utterly ridiculous to me, considering the target audience. In a nutshell, you might find your Senior Right, but you won't have any idea what his profile says because it isn't written in your native tongue. Maybe I'm just missing the translation link, but this seems like a massive oversight.

It reminds me a little of the time that General Motors was trying to market their Chevy "Nova" (or "no go") to the Mexican market in the sixties and seventies...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home