the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Sunday, July 01, 2007

mo' blog money

I recently signed up with a new blog revenue platform that I am going to try out. This one is called Smorty, and like some of the others they offer everyday bloggers (like you and me) the opportunity to blog for money. I'm not so sure about the name. I'm assuming it is a take on the word "smarty". Or perhaps it is just another one of those "purple cow" approaches to web branding. Either way, it's easy for me to remember and type in to the browser, so I can't complain.

Their business model is similar to a few of the other blog advertising models out there. You sign in to your account, they offer certain opportunities to you, you accept the ones that you would like to write about, and you get paid to blog. Once accepted, you have about 2 days and 22 hours to complete them. I was a little confused when I first signed in and accepted an opportunity, because they don't actually give you the anchor text they want you to use until you go to submit it. So technically, you need to click on the "submit post" link before you can even write yours. Other than that, the interface is clean, much faster than some of their competitors, and I got four new opportunities right away.

It's also nice that everything can be accessed from one page when you login. You review opportunities, accept opportunities, and submit your posts with your login and earnings info on the left hand side of the page at all times. This makes it a little more convenient than having to return to a user "dashboard" each time you want to see your accrued earnings.

This service looks promising, and I will follow up occasionally to let you know how they are treating me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home