the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, July 14, 2007

make way for the angels

Speaking of the fuzz, the local police force is gearing up for a visit by the Hell's Angels, and they're calling for backup from nearby cities and county officers. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this visit. On one hand, the web is full of nasty stories about Hell's Angels raising Hell wherever they go, while on the other hand there are many sites that make them out to be misunderstood bikers who are just looking to live their lives in a certain way.

I've known bikers before that were okay guys. in fact, my best friend hung out with a biker gang for a while - the "667" gang. Most of the ones we get around here are posers, though...weekend warriors with their shiny new leather jackets and reeboks. In fact, the posers act worse than the hardcore-looking bikers in my experience. There's nothing worse than some rich jerk on his loud straight pipes revving up his engine over and over again while going five miles per hour through downtown.

It will be interesting to see if the town has any trouble with the Angels when they come to stay here. I must admit that I am planning on keeping my wife and kids in the house most of the time just in case. Even if the Hell's Angels don't cause any trouble here in town, they're likely to attract the attention of several of their lesser known rival biker gangs - other "one percenters".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home