the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, July 14, 2007

google helping out the fuzz

I recently ran across a problem with one of the affiliate marketing programs that I signed up for. It was for a company that offered this special license plate spray that is supposed to make it impossible for traffic cameras to capture your plate information. Apparently, it's perfectly legal, but Google doesn't like the sound of it. They rejected my Adwords ads as being questionable. I hope that this doesn't count against me in some way, but it makes me wonder if there are certain industries that have this problem regularly.

For example let's say that I was in the radar detector business. Would they disallow me to advertise my products via their Adwords program, or are they only strict with affiliate marketers? I wonder if they would also impose any type of penalty on organic search rankings. Then again, they are supposed to be dealing in relevancy, not legality. I guess they're just covering their assets from any potential brushes with the law.

None-the-less, I am a little disappointed that I can't try to market this product as it has gotten some decent testimonials and sounds like something that the street racing and tuner market would find quite useful.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home