the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

drink your veggies!


That's an interesting spin on nutritional advertising. DrinkYourVeggies.com is offering a 7-day trial of their liquid vegetable product for the adventurous chef and unhealthy consumer who is in dire need of an easier way to get those vegetable servings.



I tried going vegetarian for about a year, and eventually went back to eating meat. Since then, I've had an easier time at incorporating vegetables in my recipes. in fact, since going vegetarian, we've tried several new vegetables that we hadn't thought of before. Quirky vegetables like Jicama, Bok Choy, Snow Peas, Radishes, Parsnips, and sunflower bulbs have found their way into our lives. Unfortunately, these forms of exotic produce are not always affordable, and are also not very easy to find when living in a small town. That's where products like My Daily Veggies comes in handy.

Anyone with a slight nutritional background (and anyone who can read a product label) knows that different vegetables provide different nutrients. Some are better at boosting immune systems, others are good for digestive problems, and others are just plan good for maintaining a healthy balance of food intake. A liquid vegetable supplement can be used in lots of creative ways. Adding some to a spaghetti sauce or Chinese meal can boost your vitamin intake considerably.

Personally, I'd like to try and get my own vegetable garden going. It's been tough, though. We have a hard enough time just maintaining a few small decorative gardens and keeping the weeds at bay. I can't imagine what kind of effort it would require to maintain a vegetable garden. To make matters worse, we've got deer in the yard nearly every day and they are already wreaking havoc on some tomato plants that my wife planted.

So as much as I would like to stick with "real" veggies, you've got to admit that vegetable supplements make more sense for an active lifestyle. This dried vegetable product that you mix with water is pretty close to the real thing, too. Unlike grocery store vegetable medleys like the popular V-8 drink, this My Daily Veggies mixture is not made from concentrate and isn't loaded with salt/sodium, which my stomach doesn't tolerate so well.

Like any smart advertiser, they've also hit the YouTube market to make some waves. Their video shows a young tike trying some of the "veggie delight" with eggs, and after a few gag reflexes manages to vomit it up. I'm not really sure if this is the type of image I would have used to portray my product, but I'm sure that it is getting the viral attention expected.

So as funny as it may sound, I can now drink My Daily Veggies. Just don't serve them up in eggs, okay?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home