the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

does wal-mart read my blog?

Just got back from Wal-Mart, where I picked up my new weight bench for only $40. Now this is either a strange coincidence, or somebody at Wal-Mart is reading my blog. I just recently posted that I was looking for a bench, and that the one at Wal-Mart was a little more than I wanted to spend ($56). This was only a week ago, and today I stop in for some school supplies for my kids and lo and behold, there's the same bench marked down to $40. It was on clearance. Strange world we live in. I guess I have uncanny timing (or ESP?).

Either that or Wal-Mart is getting more involved in the blogosphere than I had realized. Now if they'd just put up some sort of recognizable signs above their in-store price scanners so that I can find them among the headache of obnoxious signage, and if their employees learned how to smile, I might stop giving them such a hard time. Then again, they're still killing off all my favorite mom and pop stores, so I guess I'll have to keep them within target for now. (Yes, I know that I shouldn't be shopping there at all if I don't want them around, but living in a remote area means that I don't have too many other choices for certain products and I cannot always wait for items to be shipped to my home via the internet.)

Now if they'd just stock some sort of inexpensive minidisc player so I can get these old masters transferred to my PC. Can you hear me, Wal-Mart?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home