the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

destined for a distant timezone

My wife and I were watching a movie last night and there was this character was was the typical computer nerd, who stays up all night because he has too much going on in his head. My wife laughed and thought of me. Gee, thanks. But she's right. After all, here I am, still awake and blogging at the butt crack of dawn. And why?

Because my mind works harder after midnight and I manage to get more work done? Because my body and mind sees to operate more efficiently in a state of delirium? It's difficult to truly explain it, but sometimes I believe that I was meant to live in a very different timezone. We're talking China or Japan...maybe Australia or something. But here's the real question...

If I were to move to one of these distant lands, and stayed long enough to adjust to the schedule of sunlight and darkness, would my body just adjust and continue to keep my up all, or would my forte at staying up all night be rewarded by the ability to stay up all day? I suspect that I will never know for sure, as my domesticated life doesn't allow for such foolhardy living experiments. Oh, well. It's a little sad that I already had an auto-tag for "insomnia" in this blog. This must not be the first time I have spoken of my difficulty sleeping, and I doubt it will be my last.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home