the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Monday, March 05, 2007

kill the muzak

I had to call up GoDaddy today because I was having an issue with one of my forwarded domain names. It turns out that the original name server settings had transferred over into my account when I transferred the domain from Network Solutions to GoDaddy, and I forgot to change them to GoDaddy's parked name servers, so it wasn't forwarding correctly. I had been tinkering around with their user interface panel for the last week with no success. I never thought to check that the name servers were correct. I just assumed that they would automatically be set to GoDaddy's parked name servers when I transferred the domain. Their tech support guy figured it out pretty quick for me. It's working correctly now.

Although I did have to sit on hold for a little while (about 7 minutes) before getting through to a customer service rep, I was pleasantly surprised when their automated system actually gave me the option to turn off the hold music. Wow! That's a first!

Chalk up some extra points for GoDaddy for actually serving up a customized "hold" environment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home