the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Sunday, February 25, 2007

visual humor is the future


In my last post, I mentioned how verbal humor seems to be getting stale. Sure, there are tons of stand-up comedians, but everything seems to sound the same after a while. With the internet playing such a huge role in our lives, I expect that visual humor is quickly becoming our number one source of humor, with video soon climbing to the top of the spot.

As they say, A picture is worth a thousand words...

I like the fact that humor is often used to express discontent with our technologically-obsessed society. Isn't there a biting truth behind all of this? The image above as created by an artist named Oliver Gaspirtz. His cartoons have been featured all over the world and in popular books like Chicken Soup for the Soul. His sense of humor reminds me a bit of the Far Side.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home