the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Monday, February 12, 2007

signs online

In my last post, I mentioned the business cards that I was able to design and order online, very easily I might add. I just ran across an online sign-making service that offers much of the same convenience. The company is called BuildASign.com and they specialize in quick turnaround yard signs, similar to the ones you see real estate professionals using. They make yard signs, banners and even magnetics. You simply upload your graphics, they print them and ship them out in three days or less.

When I was designing magnetic vehicle signs for my father's construction business, it was a nightmare. I had to save the file to a disc and hand deliver it to a sign making company. Then their version of Adobe Illustrator was older than mine, so I had to re-save it in an older format so that they could open it up. Then, they had trouble with it for some other reason and wanted the font files to recreate some of it. After nearly three weeks, my father finally had his fleet vehicle signs, and they were a slightly smaller size than we had ordered.

It's nice to know that when he needs more, I can skip all of the hassle and order him some new signs online instead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home