the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

priortiy club rules

Speaking of travel, I really need to start spending my Holiday Inn Priority Club points! I have been amassing pints for the last few years due to all of the travel that I was doing, and I also have a credit card that awards me additional points for each dollar spent. Out of all of the travel programs that I have signed up in the past, I have to admit that the Holiday Inn Priority Club program has been my favorite. I have managed to earn close to a dozen free hotel stays over the last few years, and they have always been great at dealing with reservations, cancellations and special requests.

I know that "Holiday Inn" has this campy fifties feel to its branding, but the new Holiday Inn Express hotels have all been very nice. In fact, I have found that they are generally $10 to $20 cheaper than the plain "Holiday Inns" and yet they are usually newer and cleaner. I've stayed at lots of chains throughout the years, and although chains like the Embassy Suites are always quite fancy, I think I prefer the predictable comfort and value of the Holiday Inn Express. I have a Hilton Honors card and a Choice Hotels card, as well, but their point and redemption systems pale in comparison with the experience I have had with Priority Club. Check it out if you are a frequent traveler. You don't have to be a traveling "businessman" to earn and redeem these points, either. In fact, I usually rack up points from work and use them for family vacations instead.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home