the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

myspace invites

I was so relieved today to discover that Myspace has finally made it possible for me to disallow event invites. I was getting so sick to death of receiving concert invitations from bands halfway across the globe. If they do not have the time to handpick who they send invitations out to, or at least try and filter it in some way by location, then they shouldn't be sending them out. That's lazy promotion in my humble opinion. And if that isn't bad enough, what really ticks me off is when I get multiple invitations for the same event. Grrrrrrr....

Not too long ago, I created a Myspace group for posting events in my area, but do you think I went and invited every myspace user profile that I could get my hands on from every corner of the globe? No, I only invited people in my area. It didn't take me that much time to put together a list of local myspace users who may be interested. If I can do it, they should be able to do it for their concert invites.

None-the-less, I have just disabled *all* event invitations now, which is a shame, but my friends would probably send me an email instead for any important event that they wanted me to attend anyways.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home