the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Sunday, February 11, 2007

like sands through the hourglass...

...so are the day of our lives.


Honestly, that's about all I remember from when I was a kid and my mother used to watch that show on tv. The only other thing that I remember is that the people all looked like living Barbie dolls. There were lots of boney-cheeked women and Texas-toasted tans and everyone was always fighting over who slept with whom, only to find out that they were all related in the first place.

I'm not sure that too much as changed, but one thing that struck me as odd when I saw the PayPerPost opportunity for a Days of our Lives subsite/forum at Soap.com was that the actors look a lot younger than when my mother used to watch the show. Maybe these new actors and actresses are actually the same age and nothing has changed over the years but my own perception of age (because I've gotten older myself), or maybe they have finally strayed far enough away from the molded Malibu Barbie look. Either way, this looks more like the days of the Backstreet Boys' lives than our own.

The site provides all the juicy details that "DOOL" fans need, without the typical tabloids price tag attached, from what I can tell. There's even a section called "spoilers" in which they provide glimpses into the future. I suppose some soap fans just cannot handle the suspense! Here's a photo from their "pictures" section:



Doesn't this image personify the very fabric of soap operas? The love triangle, the strangulation, and the eyepatch...what else could soap fans ask for?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home