the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Monday, February 12, 2007

home renovation

Since we moved into our new house about six months ago, I've managed to replace a bunch of doorknobs and light fixtures, take down an ugly cabinet that was blocking the "flow" of the kitchen, rewire several electrical outlets that weren't wired correctly or safely, and replace the appliances in the kitchen. However, now I'm stuck on what to do with our kitchen lighting.

We now have stainless steel appliances and I plan on replacing the cabinet knobs with stainless steel once I have some extra cash. I'd like to get some new lighting appliances that will match well. However, I don't feel like installing new lighting receptacles in the kitchen, so I'd like to try and get enough lighting for the entire kitchen area from just the two receptacles that are already in the ceiling. Right now, there are triple-positionable lights in them, but they don't really give off enough light. We've been to home depot and haven't seen anything that we really liked. Track lighting is an option, but I don't like the ugly "track" that most of them hang from, and I haven't seen any nice stainless steel ones.

I saw a few interesting fixtures at this interesting Victorian Furniture site, but "Victorian" isn't really the style we are looking for. I'm going to have to do some more digging, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg to have something shipped.

Aside from that, I still have two outdoor lights that I need to replace when the weather warms up a bit. Home improvement can be fun, if you have the right tools. If you don't, it is frustrating and causes nothing but headaches!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home