the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Friday, February 09, 2007

hiking

I recently picked up a few hiking guidebooks from the local library, and they are specific to the area that I live in. I was surprised to discover that there is a 165-mile hiking trail nearby. I don't see how anyone manages to hike something like that. I would love the idea of taking a few months off, and trying to get from one end to another, but the realist in me thinks that camping out for several months at a time would get old really fast.

The book mentioned that this trail system is going to eventually be connected up to another mammoth trail system in Missouri, resulting in a *very* long interconnected trail system. It would be cool if there could be a trail system that winds all around the United States, fully interconnected. But then again, who wants to hike through Nebraska or Kansas? I'd just like to know who has the time off from work to take several months and to hike one of these trail "super-highways".

Fortunately, there are a ton of other trails nearby that are short enough that the whole family can hike them. Personally, I feel like hiking is one of the best ways to spend quality time with your children. You get to be outside, enjoying nature, exercising and spending time exploring new areas with your family. What could be better?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home