the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

getting what you pay for on the net?

Not too long ago, I purchased my first domain via GoDaddy.com. It was quick and painless, and I think I have mentioned before how impressed I was with them when they actually called me to welcome me to their service. While on the line with the GoDaddy representative, she asked if I own other domains. I told her that I had quite a few, and she asked why I hadn't registered any with GoDaddy before. I responded honestly to her. For one, I had heard a few negative comments about GoDaddy from back in the day, and two - I used to believe that you get what you pay for. Seeing as GoDaddy is one of the cheapest domain registrars that I had run across, I was a bit leery at first.

So what changed my mind? Well, for one, it was the fact that hotshot SEO guys like Aaron Wall recommended GoDaddy. I was also registering a domain for affiliate marketing, so it wasn't a high priority worried-I-might-lose-it type of domain name. So far, I have been impressed and have registered another dozen or so other domains with them.

I have heard a few horror stories about people whose domains have expired, and GoDaddy trying to charge inflated amounts of money (close to $100) to get them back, but I don't see what is so bad about that. If you let your domain expire, you're out of luck. Instead of bitching and moaning about how much GoDaddy is asking for it, you should be happy that someone else hadn't snatched it up and was refusing to sell it altogether.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home