the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

drupal beta

One of the slight disadvantages of working in Drupal is that many of the optional non-core modules that I have been using with the 4.7.x version haven't yet been ported into version 5. It makes things a little difficult but I know I shouldn't be griping since I'm not exactly taking on any of them as coding projects. But then again, I haven't quite gotten the hang of writing my ow module just yet.

I did figure out how to create a list of taxonomy terms from a specific vocabulary, though. I simply modified some code that I had penned from my earlier Drupal versions.

I've been looking at WordPress a little lately. It seems pretty impressive and is definitely one of the most popular blogging platforms out there. I just don't know if it has all of the same features as Drupal. WordPress seems more focused on blogging, and Drupal seems to be open to just about anything. Who knows at this point? Maybe one day I'll have some extra time to check WordPress out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home