the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Web 2.0verused

A client recently sent me some examples of web 2.0 logos that she found on the net. Most of them are slicker versions of well established corporation brands, like McDonald's and UPS. Although I must admit that I am fairly taken by the look of Web 2.0 designs, I am also starting to feel a little foolish for liking them. After all, never before have I seen such a cliche design style that is so widespread. It may look nice toay, but it's only a matter of time before it gets boring and needs to be reinvented.

In fact, if there isn't one already available, I'd be willing to bet that there is a Photoshop plugin being developed as we speak just to create Web 2.0-styled versions of existing logos. They could call it the "Web 2.Overused" plugin. You know what I mean - a filter that applies glossy reflective effects over gradient-enhanced brands while also applying a slight reflection of the logo beneath it, as if it were sitting on a piece of glass. How trite can you get?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home