the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

small town politics

I have recently been asked to apply to the local planning commission. Although I am flattered by the request, I also have to wonder if it would be social suicide. Being in a small town, I'm probably as qualified as the next guy to be on the planning commission, but I don't think I want to deal with the mudslinging and animosity.

Maybe the position would appeal to me a little more if I had a better understanding of what it involves. However, knowing that we are in a small town, I'd be worried about decisions that I would be expected to make. After all, every decision that you make has the potential to crush the dreams and hopes of your neighbors.

Local politics are alike a hot oven. Touching them can often lead to getting burned, but avoiding them results in the same old cold leftovers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home