the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Friday, January 12, 2007

humans need creativity

I have spent the last six months or so working intensely on starting my own business. Focusing on getting everything up and running and profitable, I often found myself working long hours...many more so than I used to work when I wasn't my own boss.

I also found that many of my creative hobbies went largely ignored. I am happy with where I am at. I am no longer stressed about survival as I once was. In fact, stress is probably the last thing on my mind right now. However, I have been feeling like something was missing for the last few months. What could it be?

I have determined that those silly little hobbies are more than just silly - they're also therapeutic to a certain degree...which means that ignoring them makes me feel like something of a psychotic without therapy.

Today, I broke out some old musical instruments and had myself a ball. I soon discovered that creativity is like riding a bike. You might leave it locked away in the dark at times, but you'll always remember how to ride it when you need to. And much like riding a bike (as opposed to highway driving), it gives you the chance to slow things down a little and notice the little things that you were missing while you were speeding along with your more non-creative ventures.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home