the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

google and blogger

Boy, just when you thought SEO was going to be difficult, a company like Google decides that they're going to start indexing Blogger-based blogs almost immediately. It was quite a surprise. I started a few new blogs, and figured it would take the ussualy quarter of so to get them indexed, but they have all been indexed right away.

Might this have something to do with the fact that Google now owns Blogger? Hmmmm...
:)

None-the-less, I really can't complain. In case you are wondering why your own blog hasn't yet been indexed (if it's served on Blogger or Blogspot), you may want to sign up for a Google account and add the URLs to your webmaster tools there. That is one step that I failed to mention that may have also helped to get them indexed so fast. But I have other URLs that I had submitted via the Google webmaster tools before I submitted my new blogs and those sites still haven't been indexed. So, I am convinced that Google is automatically indexing all Blogger blogs right away.

If you know how difficult indexing can be, all I can say is - take advantage of it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home