the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Sunday, January 14, 2007

first, best or else

There is one saying that keeps showing its ugly head as I try to make a living off of the web. My friend works for a film company out of Boulder, CO and his boss told him this quote. I'm sure you can relate, if you haven't already heard a version of this before...

You're either first, best, or you're ***ed.
(Insert any explicit word into the *** and it still works.)

This is something that has haunted me for years. I ran into this with every step of my life. Educational performance as a child. Making art and music. Designing websites. Affiliate marketing. You name it and it probably applies. There is no value in mediocrity in this country (except with mainstream radio). For those that manage to latch onto the latest idea before anyone else, or learn how to do it better than anyone else, heaven-on-earth awaits.

For the rest of us, we are awarded life as proles.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home