the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Friday, December 22, 2006

secondspin

In the modern world of MP3 swapping, many physical record stores have been going the way of the dodo. Gone are the days when angst-ridden youth enjoyed getting their fingers dirty flipping through old milk crates, searching for that rare limited edition 12" single. Gone are the days when one could stop by a record store and get the latest insider news from the obsessive music junkies who worked there.

Online CD stores may be the next to go. Apparently, the modern music lover doesn't care for physical CD's anymore. As Napster has been advertising, "Have everything, own nothing."

Personally, it makes me sick, and I will do my best to swim against the tide and continue to support artists whose musical endeavors I still respect. One of the best used music stores I have been shopping from lately is a company called SecondSpin. They have a few physical stores in Colorado and California, but I always shop their online store at secondspin.com.

Being on a somewhat limited budget, and unable to "have everything" that I would like, I enjoy perusing their 99 cent discs for underrated gems. I recently picked up a number of decent blues albums for dirt cheap. Best of all, once you're a customer you will receive occasional emails about sales and special deals. My favorite is their free shipping coupon. They send it out a few times a year, and I usually take advantage of it quite a bit.

Check them out if you're looking for a deal. They carry DVDs, too.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home