the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Saturday, December 16, 2006

PPP and disclosure

I am officially stating that this post RIGHT HERE is a paid post.

Yes, that's correct. I am getting paid a whopping ten bucks just to tell you that PayPerPost is now requiring full disclosure for bloggers in their program. Not bad, eh? The big change in disclosure policy at PPP seems to have come from FTC pressures.

Since the launch of the PPP program, they have been under attack from elitist "pro" bloggers, like the folks at TechCrunch, for implementing a program in which everyday bloggers have the ability to make money for posting their opinions on products and websites, without fully disclosing that they are being paid. Personally, I see no problem with this, as long as the person doing the posting doesn't compromise how they really feel about something in their blog just because they are getting paid. I guess that the FTC doesn't agree. Funny thing is...what with all of the frequent paid opportunities to namedrop PPP, you'd have to be a real moron not to notice someone was signed up in the first place.

I don't really like the fact a number of advertisers are still requiring positive posts for their product, and imagine that this may be the next thing to go in the PPP system. Fortunately, I have an easy solution during the interim. I simply don't take the opportunity if I don't want to say anything positive about it. However, on the rare occasion that I can actually get paid to slam something that I don't like, I'm on it like speedfreak flies on stickytape.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home