the truth, the whole truth, the knock you on your butt truth...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

captcha scrapped

Not too long ago, I posted a quick rant about why I don't like captcha technology. It's one of those necessary evils that, although often necessary to protect the interests (and privacy) of web users and websites, can sometimes be a bit bludgeoning. In fact, I recently ranted a bit about it on the PayPerPost forums, as I didn't like the fact that I had to enter a captcha image every single time I went to log in to their system. I can understand needing one for brand new accounts, but at every login seemed like overkill to me.

Much to my surprise, I went to login today and found the captcha image requirement gone. Could it be that my suggestion (or my blog rant) was actually taken to heart? I commend PayPerPost if this is the case. It's not everyday that a web company listens so closely to its customers, but PayPerPost has been pretty quick to respond to its devoted "Posties", which probably explains why we have devotion to them in the first place.

Thanks, PayPerPost!

PS - This is *not* a paid post.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home